Monday 2 December 2013

Dialogue Assignment

"I've seen some weird things," Dorothy sighed, plopping down beside Alice.

"I've lived through some weird things" Alice rasped. "Let me tell you, I almost lost it on way too many occasions." She pushed her hair back, shutting her eyes.

"The road I followed was confusing to say the least," Dorothy said.

"Ha!" Alice laughed. "At least you had a road," a slight glare being thrown in the direction of the brunette.

"Excuse me," Dorothy sneered. "Did you encounter talking animals and creatures that should be inanimate?"

"Every single step of the way," Alice shouted, throwing her hands up in exasperation.

Tears began to leak out of the corners of Dorothy's eyes. "I wasn't even in Kansas anymore for crying out loud!" Dorothy sobbed.

"I get that was hard," Alice relented. "But did you shrink and grow and feel like you were on drugs?"

"Okay, fine, you win," Dorothy muttered, defeated.

"Thank you," Alice breathed. A small smile finally appeared her face.

Legend: dialogue tags
             Non-verbal body language



http://writingprompts.tumblr.com/image/61377693601

No comments:

Post a Comment